Ferrotitanium is widely used in metallurgy, particularly in the steel industry, due to its beneficial properties. Here are some of the specific uses of ferrotitanium alloy in metallurgy:
- ♦Deoxidizer and desulfurizer: Ferrotitanium is an effective deoxidizer and desulfurizer in the steelmaking process. It removes impurities such as oxygen and sulfur from molten steel, which can lead to improved steel quality and mechanical properties.
- ♦Grain refinement: Ferrotitanium can act as a grain refiner in steelmaking. It promotes the formation of finer and more uniform grain structures, which can improve the mechanical strength of the steel.
- ♦Increased strength and toughness: Ferrotitanium can increase the strength and toughness of steel by enhancing its microstructure. This makes it useful for applications that require high strength and durability, such as construction and infrastructure.
- ♦Corrosion resistance: The addition of ferrotitanium to steel can increase its resistance to corrosion, making it useful in applications that are exposed to harsh environments or corrosive substances.
- ♦Lightweight materials: Ferrotitanium is a lightweight material that can be used to create strong and durable alloys. It is often used in the aerospace industry, where weight reduction is critical.